Monday, May 21, 2012

Final blog

So here, viewers, is my final blog. Both for this project, and for physics class in general. As you know, we had the project presentation last week friday, which ended up finishing closer to 9pm. It was interesting to see all of the different projects/ bugs that other groups of students were trying to fix on campus. Some of them implemented things that I didn't even notice, but now that I know, I think they were very good ideas.
Some of these included the bag hooks that are now conveniently placed near the bathroom stalls, and the bag hooks that are located on some of the chairs in Akahi Dining Hall.

ANYWAYS, my overall thoughts on the project are that it's a great project. It's better than having an actual exam about physics because we're actually applying what we learned (in some cases, not in all projects) and we get to try to do good deeds and make lasting differences on campus.
I really liked getting to work with Amber, Allie, and Kalamaku. I think we made a FANTASTIC group and we were able to get along very easily and bring multiple perspectives and talents to help with our project. Because of this, we were able to coordinate and plan effectively.

Perhaps the only thing that did not go as planned was that we didn't get as big of a response to our food waste attack as we hoped for. Yes, there was some waste reduction, but I was hoping for a significant difference.

I don't think that there's very much that needs to be changed for this activity in the future. I think it's a great idea!!!
Honestly, I don't think i was doing science AT ALL for this project. Well, I mean, of course there were sciencey things if I really dug down and searched for it. I could talk about the friction of the tape needed to keep the poster on the wall, but other than that, my intentions moved more towards trying to reduce food waste rather than reduce food waste VIA science.

I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TO POST FOR A PICTURE, AND THIS MADE ME LAUGH JUST NOW SO I HOPE YOU LAUGH TOO. 

No comments:

Post a Comment