Monday, May 21, 2012

Project Reflection




Overall, I thought that this quarter’s project was an interesting experience and I preferred it to the course’s more traditional curriculum. Although I normally prefer individual work to group work, I did not mind working with my group since the parts that they contributed to the project were quite helpful. When we implemented the carousel poster, we received some positive comments about it. Another aspect that I appreciate is the fact that we conducted our presentation competently and within the accepted time limits. However, our numerical results of the project do not fully indicate the true effectiveness of what we did. Our project involved many changes before we reached a more satisfactory solution, so I wish that we collected more information about our better improvements. I also wish that we had actual pictures of our display signs instead of just the draft that we featured on the presentation. Before this quarter, I knew about ‘Akahi’s food waste but I did not discover the horridness of the situation until this project brought the issue directly to me. In order to make this project better I think that some of the criteria could have been clearer, such as the grade for the working prototype. I did not think of this project as being a physics assignment in the traditional sense. Although anything could pertain to the scientific method, this project’s connections to it are not as obvious as regular lessons. 




No comments:

Post a Comment