Tuesday, April 24, 2012

L(a)UNCHED THE PROTOTYPE (if you could call it a prototype)

It was mentioned in earlier blogs that we agreed that we would alternate taking turns to go down to Akahi and prepare the plates of food for the day. Today was the first day of our experiment and I had period 5 free, so I went down around 10 am and readied the plates of food. Today's entree was roasted chicken, and on the calendar that was given to us, only the roasted chicken was flagged as "high waste." I found it kind of hard to make just a plate of one chicken thigh, so I added the appropriate serving size of rice and carrots to the plates, just to make it look a little livlier. I set the plates up at the beginning of the buffet lines, and propped them up with another plater underneath. I hope that people took notice of the plates though!
I'm thinking of making an announcement in the Seniors page on facebook (and having Allie or Amber do the same for the Juniors page) about our experiment so that they understand what we are trying to do and will hopefully pay attention to the displays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment