Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Sandwich Conundrum



Today was my turn to go to 'Akahi in order to set up our project. The main course of today's lunch was the sandwich bar. At about 10:15 in the morning, I went inside of the dining hall to make the displays. While I made the sandwiches, I noticed that the proper size for the sandwich fillings was two ounces, which is equivalent to two slices of turkey. In general the food items served with tongs are the only ones where the serving sizes on the labels are not helpful in the sense that the tool was not made to measure portions. Although I considered adding other food since each plate only had a sandwich, I decided against it because the officials indicated on our menu that sandwiches were the most wasted food items for that day and nothing else. I made one plate for each of the lines and one of the servers helped to place them at the appropriate locations. During class we talked about how we wanted to design posters to accompany the food. The accompanying material will probably be the main change to our prototype because we want more students to consider the displays as they move through the line.

1 comment:

  1. great post. One suggestion may also be to talk to the P.E. teachers and to see if this would help them in any way. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete